Monday, July 24, 2006

My abomination for the current govt increases with every purposeless-policy its trying to bring to the table. Maybe its a delusion on my part for expecting anything more from this government. I sometimes wonder if this government has used a similar kind of reservation policy to appoint its ministers, as it is advocating to be used in the Post-Grad educational institutions. Looking at people like Arjun singh and Laloo Prasad Yadav, one might get an impression that the policy being used could be worse.
Last week, after publishing my blog on the web, I tried accessing it. After all, 'twas my first blog & the eagerness is explainable. But what could not be explained is the govt's erroneousness. The government, in its 'eagerness' to bring the culprits of the 7/11 Bombay Blasts to book, had taken a foolish step. It provided a list of websites to the ISPs and ordered them to ban those websites from being accessible by a commoner like me. Well, I seriously have no idea what harm my blog(or for that matter even other blogs that were published just like mine) would have done. I do understand that, off late, some anti-national elements have been using the Net to communicate. But banning a list of sites without ascertaining the facts is like banning the whole Indian Cricket team from playing, just because one of the team members tampered with the ball.
Ofcourse like many of its aberrations, this act of absolute blunder from the govt did not make any sense to many blogster like me. Especially because, the ban was not effective in accomplishing what it intended to. Within hours of being banned, the Blogging community had access to many proxy URLs, thru which anyone could access any blogsite. The whole thing shows the incompetence of the govt in assessing the situation & decision-making.

I hope the govt ends this kind of amateurish authoritativeness, which aims at restricting the Right to speech & Right to Information of every citizen of this country. Amidst all this chaos, it was heartening to see the undivided spirit of the blogsters to get the government to act & revoke its ban. And I am happy to be blogging again :-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home